Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Posting Homework Grades, RAH Minutes on the BLOG

Looking for your insight...

I want to add a link to the blog to inform parents and students about their homework progress. The link would be the spreadsheet I use to record homework grades. The spreadsheet would have everyone's first name and grades recorded so far for homework this year as well as new grades as they come. I also want to post the RAH minutes in the same way.

This means that anyone that accesses the blog could see your child's grade for homework and progress in RAH.


My policy for homework is that each child does it and turns it in on time. If that is accomplished, a student will earn a 4. If it's late, it will be a 3. If there are parts missing, they might get a 3. If they make many errors, they could earn a 3. The kids know if they have questions or don't understand something, they can always ask me about the homework in class. Some students are concerned about their homework grade being posted on the blog. I haven't heard of anyone being hesitant about the RAH being posted. I challenged them to think about how the posting of RAH and Homework is different. So far I don't have a solid answer.

I'm interested in both student and parent comments and concerns.
Would this be a valuable resource to you?
Do you not want your/your child's homework grade posted?

Please leave comments below in the comment section or email me.
If no one objects to this, I will post the grades and the RAH tomorrow.

Thank you!
Mr. J

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:26 PM

    I think we should post both homework and R.A.H on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm going to try allowing comments on the blog. If you'd like to make a comment feel free. This is a school so keep it safe. One thought is people could comment on the blog if they have an idea or volunteer for something. Thanks!
Kyle